Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Week 3 (Randi)

Hey guys!

So this past week I have been pretty much just working on my initial screen of 30 different phtyochemicals. It's a lot of work, but it's cool to see how what we learn can apply to real world problems (I used stoichiometry and dilution Doc M!). I finished the actual experiment last week, and today and yesterday I have been analyzing the data, which is actually a ton of work. Hopefully I'll finish that today and be able to give you an update on the results.

1 comment:

  1. So great news. I finished analyzing the data on Wednesday and found out that 3 compounds kills cancer stem cells only, and 4 kill both kinds of cancer cells. We are now in the process of running a more detailed experiment on the 3 compounds that kill stem cells only, including more concentrations and timepoints. One of these chemicals is found in oils and is used to increase the scent in perfumes, another is a plant that is used to make yellow dye, and I can't find much information on the third...

    ReplyDelete