Monday, May 24, 2010

Week 3 (Amanda)

Hi Everyone,

I hope everybody is having a great project! Mr. Clark came and visited me today and I got a chance to show him around the Q a bit. I hope he enjoyed it-he got a thorough tour of the control room for the tv screens during the game and he got to see the offices and where the court used to be.

I thought I'd tell you about one project that I have been working on this and last week. It's for both the Cleveland Cavaliers and the Lake Erie Monsters. For this project I am composing a binder with print outs and some Microsoft Word pages of what different sporting teams are doing to sell tickets. I have been researching MLB, NBA, MLL, MLS, and NFL teams. Another intern (who is actuley working with the Monsters) has already completed the Hockey portions. I am doing this so that the group ticket sales departments can have insight on what other teams are doing to sell more tickets. I am not done yet but I have found that MlLL is suprizingly built up considering there are only 5 US teams. Also, within each league, teams offer very similar benefits (on basketball teams youth fans can high five the players as they come onto the court if they sell a certain amount of tickets). These promotions help draw more fans and provide a goal for a group to sell more tickets. Other benefits include honoring of individuals or teams and some may even have the opportunity to sing the National Anthem. Football does very little with group events but they work with a lot of charities in schools and other environments. Soccer tends to donate a lot of money rather then have group events. Baseball is probably the most similar to the basketball group events but many times their groups aren't given the benefits of high fiving players but rather are engaged in the advertising games during the baseball games.

Wednesday I give a presentation on a hypothetical group that I would have come down to the Q and why. It's not very intense and the binder I have been working on has been more tedious but this project is more analytical. I am going to explain the benefits that the groups, individuals, and team (Cavs) would see from them coming down to the Q for the game and ways in which they could be honored. I will let you know more about what I choose and why next week. I actuley composed a report and an additonal list of groups and charities that could come down because there are so many different programs that could exist. There is the potential for one or more every night and Cleveland is a bigger place then it looks that draws fans and groups from not just Ohio but from other boardering states and there are so many programs that already exist in Cleveland that would love the opportunity to come to the Q.

If you have any ideas for a group that you think should be honored or participate in a program at the Q or with the Cavs and/or Monsters let me know and I will add it to my list. I can't wait to hear more about your projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment