Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Margo Uhrman (Week 4)

During my final week on project, I continued to supervise the activity room and provide activities for the kids on the floor. As a special treat to all patients and staff, Dairy Queen donated ice cream to the hospital. Most of the ice cream was on a truck next to the building but oreo blizzards were brought to the bottom floor of Rainbows so that patients who are not allowed outside could go and collect their ice cream. I brought a few patients down to get ice cream and brought more ice cream upstairs for patients who were not allowed to leave their rooms. One of the kids I brought down to get ice cream ran all around the room playing hide and seek as we waited for the ice cream to arrive.
On my final day, we had a special art project on the floor. Someone recently donated a bunch of wooden picture frames so many of the kids decorated them with feathers, shells, foam pieces, glitter, and more. One little boy decided to make presents and cards for his three siblings and his parents. We spent most of the afternoon creating different presents for his whole family.
I loved working on my project and was able to give back and have a great time for the entire month.

No comments:

Post a Comment